This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

Application requirements

Bachelor of Science (Oral Health Therapy)

If you’re looking to apply for our Bachelor of Science (Oral Health Therapy), please refer to our admission requirements before completing your application.

Things to know before you apply

  • Selection is based on academic performance.
  • As in most dentally related courses contact hours are high and additional clinical hours are required during inter-semester breaks.
  • Curtin requires you to be screened for and vaccinated against, a number of communicable diseases before commencing fieldwork. There is an onus on individual students to be aware of their immunity or carrier status in relation to communicable diseases. Depending on the status of any communicable disease there is the possibility that you may not be able to complete the clinical placement requirements of the course. Students who are carriers of blood-borne viruses are not permitted to perform some procedures on patients. Serological testing must, therefore, be completed prior to or during the first semester of study in the course and the results communicated to the area Administrative Assistant.
  • Students are required to practice techniques on one another before being permitted to move into patient care.
  • You must complete a Senior First Aid Certificate course before you proceed to your second semester.
  • There is some travel involved with different aspects of the program delivered on the Perth campus, at the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (Nedlands) and at Dental Health Services (Mt Henry).

You can read more about the requirements by downloading the Inherent Requirements PDF.

Non-registrable overseas dentists

A maximum of 2 non-registrable overseas dentists whose qualifications entitle them to entry to Curtin will be considered for the Bachelor of Science (Oral Health Therapy) intake. Non-registrable overseas dentists may wish to consider sitting the current examination for registration as a practising dentist or applying for admission to the School of Dentistry at UWA.

Back to Oral Health Therapy