Apply for CRL
You can submit an application for credit for recognised learning for specific units within your course, or elective units if the course structure permits.
Your application must be submitted by the Friday of the first week of the semester or study period.
Please prepare the following supporting documentation to submit with your CRL application:
1. A description of units you have previously studied
In Australia, an accredited unit also may be called a module, subject, unit of competency, topic, paper, or course. The description or unit outline should contain detailed information about the syllabus, learning outcomes, assessment, texts and learning experiences. Please note that unit outlines for completed Curtin units are not required.
2. Academic transcripts
Please provide full academic transcripts that contain your unit results as well as the marking or grading key. If the original document was not issued in English, please include an official translation from a recognised translation service such as the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI).
3. Official documents to confirm your completed study (if applicable)
If you are using your completed qualification to apply for CRL, for example a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma, please also upload your Final Award Certificate confirming course completion. If the original document was not issued in English, please include an official translation from a recognised translation service such as the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI).
4. Evidence of work/life experience
If you are applying for CRL based on your work/life experience you must also complete the form titled Supplement for Credit Transfer based on relevant Prior Professional (work) or Life Experience [.pdf 232kB] and include the following supporting documents with your CRL application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Please outline your relevant work history.
- Employment confirmation: Include a signed official letter or statement on company letterhead from your employer or organisation confirming the dates and type of your employment.
- Position description: Provide a relevant position description.
All documents must be scanned as per our scanned documents and certification requirements.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- Deferring TISC Offer
- Can TISC applicants change their course preferences?
- Applying for the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test)?
- Receiving your TISC offer when you are away
- Receiving WACE results
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.