Accepted English proficiency tests
The following tests satisfy our minimum English language requirements for undergraduate, postgraduate and research (HDR) courses.
The test must have been undertaken within two years of application, however, they may be used for entry until the next semester intake.
Update: Applicants who are unable to sit an approved English proficiency test, due to testing centre closures in response to COVID-19, Curtin University accepts approved test result that was undertaken within three years of application. This temporary measure is applicable for applications submitted in 2020 and will be reviewed at the end of the year.
If you have taken a different test, download the English competency equivalents table.pdf [86kB] to view the equivalent scores or marks you need to match the IELTS score for your course.
Note: The tests below do not satisfy English requirements for courses that have specific or higher English language requirements.
|wdt_ID||Accepted English proficiency tests||Minimum criteria|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- Can I transfer from another University to Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.