English Language Bridging
Develop the English language proficiency and academic literacy you will need for your chosen Curtin course. You will also prepare for your future studies at Curtin by learning how to read and understand a Curtin course outline and use Curtin’s online learning platforms. In addition, you can complement your studies with a social program and practise your English skills outside of the classroom.
Depending on your current level of English and the level required for entry to your Curtin course, you can undertake the 17-week, 10-week, 9-week or two-week ELB program.
Contact hours (per week): 20
If you can’t make it to campus to begin your studies, start online now.
Study face-to-face or online
English Language Bridging (ELB) online
Now our ELB course are available with the flexibility of studying 100% online. Complete your classes from the comfort of your home, saving you the costs associated with studying in Australia and without delaying your study plans. You have the freedom to choose a lesson timetable that fits in with your lifestyle.
ELB Online includes 10 hours per week of live classes, where you will interact with your teacher and classmates, just like in face-to-face classes. The course also includes 10 hours per week of guided self-study, both individual and with class-mates, which you can do in your own time, with quick feedback from your tutor. There’s another 10 to 15 hours per week of free self-study to focus on whatever you need most.
You can also choose a part-time option, so you can learn over a longer period and halve your workload.
ELB Online will also give you the opportunity to:
- Receive personalised feedback and interact frequently with your teacher, your tutor and your classmates.
- Meet the English requirement for direct entry into a Curtin University Degree or Post-Graduate Course without having to sit any external exam.
- Get the English proficiency level needed to successfully apply for a course at other universities – TOEFL test preparation included.
- Access study materials that are tailored to your nationality, ensuring your success through our ‘My Extra Practice’ toolkit.
Choose to continue at Curtin University and receive credit for your Online ELB course fees towards your chosen mainstream course. That means you get back the full cost of your online ELB program*.
*Terms and conditions apply
Course date and fee information
How to apply
Are you applying for a Curtin degree and needing to improve your English before you start? We’ll package this course with your degree offer.
Simply complete an English test and attach it to your undergraduate or postgraduate degree application, and if eligible you’ll receive your offer. If you don’t have an English test result, we can provide you with our free Password test to assess your English level.
If you’re not apply for a Curtin degree, these options are for you:
Are you studying English to meet entry into Curtin College?
Apply directly through Curtin College, make sure you send an English test score with your application to receive a packaged offer.
Do you want to study English only?
If you want to apply for a Curtin English course only, please click below and follow the instructions.
CRICOS Code: 003896G
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- Deferring TISC Offer
- Can TISC applicants change their course preferences?
- Applying for the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test)?
- Receiving your TISC offer when you are away
- Receiving WACE results
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.