Duration (each level): up to 20 weeks
Weekly contact hours: 20
English level required for entry:
General English 1 (CRICOS code: 094518C): IELTS 3.0 overall or equivalent
General English 2 (CRICOS code: 094519B): IELTS 4.0 overall or equivalent
Course pathways: Successful completion of one level will allow you to gain entry into the level above. If you are on an academic pathway to Curtin University or Curtin College, you will transition to the Curtin Perth campus after you complete your General English course.
How to apply
Are you applying for a Curtin degree and needing to improve your English before you start? We’ll package this course with your degree offer.
If you’re not applying for a Curtin degree, these options are for you:
Are you studying English to meet entry into Curtin College?
Apply directly through Curtin College, make sure you send an English test score with your application to receive a packaged offer.
Do you want to study English only?
If you want to apply for a Curtin English course only, please follow the instructions below.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- Can I transfer from another University to Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.