This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.
This offering version is phasing out and no longer taking applications. You may be able to apply for a later version.
Indigenous Pre-Business Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Business Enabling Course
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Curtin Perth
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
What you'll learn
- develop, apply and demonstrate English language and communication skills including Academic Integrity, study skills, research and presentation
- develop knowledge and respect of Aboriginal practices and protocols to work effectively in partnership within diverse cultural contexts
- consolidate and sustain a positive sense of Indigenous identity to introduce, develop and sustain leadership skills and to empower Indigenous students within the academic environment
- develop academic business knowledge and practice to work effectively in an academic and business environment
- apply development of Indigenous Identity and academic knowledge within the context of national and international standards and practices in business
- develop and demonstrate critical and creative thinking skills to generate solutions and apply logical processes in problem solving that contribute to personal development and lifelong learning
- develop a level of technological understanding and information skills to undertake research, access resources and communicate and work effectively
- understand and apply management theory and ethical practice to solutions and situations in management
- develop effective communication skills in various contexts with consideration of audience and purpose, demonstrating respect for others and cultural awareness
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Fees & charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Find estimated course fees.
Help is at hand
- Applying for special consideration
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- Alternative pathways into Curtin
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPBE
- Last updated on: November 5, 2019