If COVID-19 restrictions apply, we may need to make changes to units and/or delivery modes.
Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
This course is one year full-time study.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Curtin Perth
Start your career in science or engineering in a place that lends a sense of belonging.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Broad career options
Foundation to an undergraduate degree in a science or engineering discipline.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021.
This enabling course is a pathway for Indigenous Australian students interested in studying an undergraduate science or engineering course at Curtin.
It will help you meet the requirements for your chosen course and will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed at university.
Throughout the enabling course, you’ll benefit from small class sizes and a range of academic support services at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies, including mentoring and tutoring.
When you complete the course, you will be eligible for entry into a range of Curtin’s undergraduate science and engineering courses. Depending on the course you choose, you may be exempt from one unit based on what you’ve learned in the enabling course.
You can then transition into diverse areas of science or engineering, and gain a solid base for further study or work opportunities.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choice
Please note that each campus has different application deadlines. Please view our application deadlines page for further information.Apply now
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- What are my options to manage my study load?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPSE
- Last updated on: June 29, 2022