Units in second semester 2020 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
This offering version is phasing out and no longer taking applications. You may be able to apply for a later version.
This course is not available for international students.
Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Start your career in science or engineering in a place that lends a sense of belonging.
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019)
Graduate ready to work in environments where research and discovery abound.
Broad career options
Foundation to an undergraduate degree in a science or engineering discipline.
What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team
Fees & charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Find estimated course fees.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPSE
- Last updated on: November 5, 2019