What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team
Fees and charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Please check out our Fee Calculator for an estimation of course fees.
If you are successful in your application to study at Curtin, you will receive a letter of offer via email. You can either accept or defer your offer. To find out more about this process, view our enrolment web page.
You may also like to find out how you can obtain financial assistance or apply for a scholarship and prepare for Orientation Week (O-Week).
Where to get further information
- More about studying at Curtin
- Visit the WA Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) website
- Visit the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website
- Visit the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) website
- Our admission appeals and grievance process
Applicants applying for an undergraduate degree with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
Find information on how you can apply to study at Curtin with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma if you are applying for an undergraduate degree.
Applicants with other international qualifications
Find information on what qualifications you can use to apply for a Curtin course.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPSE
- This offering was last updated on: 16/08/2019