Units in first semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Start your career in science or engineering in a place that lends a sense of belonging.
Graduate ready to work in environments where research and discovery abound.
Broad career options
Foundation to an undergraduate degree in a science or engineering discipline.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPSE
- Last updated on: February 12, 2021