Units in first semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Science and Engineering Enabling Course
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Start your career in science or engineering in a place that lends a sense of belonging.
Graduate ready to work in environments where research and discovery abound.
Broad career options
Foundation to an undergraduate degree in a science or engineering discipline.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- As an international student, can I work in Australia while I'm studying?
- Why choose Curtin?
- What Scholarships are available for future international students?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri: 8:00am–5:00pm (UTC+8) excl. public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDPSE
- Last updated on: September 16, 2020