Units in second semester 2020 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
This course is not available for international students.
Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 6 months full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Curtin Perth, Geraldton, Curtin Kalgoorlie
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
What you'll learn
- apply, demonstrate and compile academic knowledge and principles in a variety of contexts to promote self-directed and independent learning
- think critically and creatively to generate solutions in an academic environment; apply logical processes in problem solving
- access, evaluate, synthesise information from multiple sources in order to make valid judgements
- communicate effectively with consideration of audience and purpose, demonstrating respect for others and cultural awareness
- use technology appropriately to develop research skills, access resources and to communicate effectively to a wide community
- be self-motivated and take responsibility for one’s own learning; develop life-long learning skills to source new and relevant information
- consider global and cultural issues from a variety of perspectives
- demonstrate respect for cultural diversity within Indigenous Australia, the wider community and University environment; respect and promote cultural diversity
- work ethically and professionally both within a team and independently; develop leadership skills and a positive sense of Indigenous identity to empower others in the wider community
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Other requirements and notes for this course
This course is available in both semesters.
In addition to the course-specific admission criteria listed above, please read our general admission criteria. Our general admission criteria apply to all courses at Curtin University.
Fees & charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Find estimated course fees.
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
On Campus and Online
Semester 1 and Semester 2
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choice
Please note that each campus has different application deadlines. Please view our application deadlines page for further information.Apply now
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: EN-INDGTE
- Last updated on: May 14, 2020