This course is not available for international students.
- Accounting Foundation Stream (MCom)
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Specialise in financial management and business law, and meet the educational requirements of professional accounting bodies.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This course is suitable if you have graduated with an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent from a field other than accounting and wish to pursue a career in professional accounting or progress to senior or management roles. This course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of accounting, including the professional knowledge and standards required for industry membership and advancement.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
How to apply
This major sits within the Master of Commerce degree. To apply for this major, you will apply for the Master of Commerce. In step 3 of the application process, you will be asked to confirm the major you wish to study.
Applying as a postgraduate student is easy. For information tailored to your situation, visit our easy to follow instructions to get your application started.
Ready to apply?
- Step into the field of accounting for the first time or upgrade your working knowledge to obtain a qualification and expand your career prospects.
- These courses will help expand your understanding and skills through theoretical study and real-life cases.
- Qualified accountants who possess professional knowledge and expertise experience upward mobility towards management roles in many organisations.
On successful completion of the course, you may be eligible for associate membership of CPA Australia, and entry into the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) graduate program.
You can gain positions in public practice accounting and business.
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
- Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Essential course prerequisites
You can apply for this course if you have a recognised equivalent Australian bachelor degree in a discipline other than accounting, or the Graduate Diploma in
Professional Accounting from Curtin. In addition you must meet Curtin’s English competency standards.
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Find estimated course fees.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: STRP-ACCFD
- Last updated on: November 22, 2019