- Graduate Certificate in Business
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 6 months full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Perth City
Take your career to a new level with advanced knowledge of business theory and practice.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This course can serve as your entry pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA). It is also a challenging stand-alone course that offers you a foundation in leadership studies and business management.
Students can customise their degree by selecting 1 unit from their preferred MBA specialisation, in order to facilitate their transition into the Master of Business Administration, should they choose to continue studying.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
- Study at our city campus located in the heart of the Perth CBD.
- These courses are delivered in trimesters, allowing you to complete your degree much sooner.
- Intensive weekend units and evening classes mean your studies fit around your work-life.
- Many of our courses can be completed online allowing you to study wherever you are.
- Our courses have a highly applied, practical focus and are delivered by leading academics and business practitioners.
What you'll learn
- have a thorough foundation of contemporary business theories, concepts and principles and be able to apply these in a group or organisational environment.
- create and critically evaluate innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments (which includes business, government and not-for-profit).
- access, evaluate and synthesise diverse information for intelligent business application.
- effectively communicate in a manner appropriate to their audience and their desired outcomes.
- select and use appropriate technologies and recognise their advantages and limitations
- possess and be able to utilise life-long learning strategies; maintain currency in professional practice
- recognise and apply international perspectives within the business environment
- appropriately manage and value diversity within a business setting
- apply professional skills - team work, leadership and ethical behaviour.
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Essential course prerequisites
A bachelor degree plus at least three years work experience.
Applications may be considered from those who do not have a bachelor degree provided they have significant work experience at a recognisable level of responsibility.
You will be required to submit supplementary information with your application.
Note: All applicants will need to submit a copy of their CV/Resume highlighting prior work experience and roles that they have held.
Other requirements and notes for this course
This course is offered on either a four or six month basis.
Entry into this program is via competitive entry. There are a limited number of places available and these are allocated to the highest ranked applicants for each round of offers. Read the application requirements for further details.
In addition to the course-specific admission criteria listed above, please read our general admission criteria. Our general admission criteria apply to all courses at Curtin University.
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
International student indicative fees for 2020
Fee year: 2020
|International onshore – fee paying||Cost|
|Offer letter (100 credit) published fee||$16,700*|
|Total indicative course fee||$16,700*|
|Indicative year 1 fee||$16,700*|
Fees are indicative only.
*Based on a first-year full-time study load of 100 credits. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
It may vary depending on the units you choose and does not include incidental fees (such as lab coats or art supplies) or the cost of your textbooks. For information about fees at other locations please contact the relevant campus or partner institution by visiting Curtin International’s offshore site.
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
On Campus and Online
Trimester 1, Trimester 2 and Trimester 3
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choice
Please note that each campus has different application deadlines. Please view our application deadlines page for further information.Apply now
Help is at hand
- Applying for special consideration
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- Alternative pathways into Curtin
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: GC-BUSI
- CRICOS code: 074652G
- Last updated on: January 20, 2020