Units in first semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
Graduate Certificate in Health Psychology (OpenUnis)
OUA Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in Health Psychology (OpenUnis)
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 1 year full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Open Universities Australia
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This course is designed for those employed in health fields who wish to broaden their knowledge in Psychology.
What you'll learn
- apply psychological theory and knowledge to evidence-informed practice in health psychology settings
- generate effective approaches through critical analysis, reflective practice and professional reasoning
- critically appraise and evaluate information to inform best practice
- effectively communicate relevant knowledge to a range of professionals
- summarise core topics in health psychology and how they apply within real world settings
- demonstrate ability for self-directed learning and reflective practice
- illustrate the limitations of and challenges to the application of psychology within health settings
- apply psychological knowledge to specific problems and challenges within relevant health psychology settings
Other requirements and notes for this course
Specifically, applicants require a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification. Applicants without an undergraduate degree will be considered on the basis of significant work experience (at least eight years) at a recognisable level of responsibility.
In addition to the course-specific admission criteria listed above, please read our general admission criteria. Our general admission criteria apply to all courses at Curtin University.
Everyone’s study journey is different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact Curtin OUA at:
This offering is only available online. Please visit the Open Universities Australia website for more information.
OpenUnis SP 1
OpenUnis SP 2
OpenUnis SP 3
OpenUnis SP 4
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: OC-PSYHB
- Last updated on: February 25, 2021