Units in second semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
OUA Masters by Coursework
- Master of Architecture (OpenUnis)
This Masters course is two years full-time study or part-time equivalent, following a three year Bachelor of Applied Science (Architectural Science). The full course of study leading to a professional degree in architecture will therefore be five years or equivalent part-time study.
- 2 years full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Open Universities Australia
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
To check you meet the course entry requirement, visit Open Universities Australia.
What you'll learn
- demonstrate an understanding of the profession of architecture, its theoretical underpinnings and ways of thinking; apply specific discipline knowledge contained within the streams of Architectural Design, Professional Practice and Architectural Culture
- think critically, creatively and reflectively in order to analyse and understand the specific needs of various parties involved in architecture in order to generate and create innovative solutions
- conduct appropriate scholarly and professional research to access and analyse the diverse information needed to make informed, strategic design decisions
- communicate information and ideas to diverse audience through visual, verbal and written communication techniques
- recognise and understand the principles of a range of appropriate technologies and their suitable application within the profession of architecture
- sustain intellectual curiosity that constantly strives, through self-directed learning, for innovation within the profession of architecture
- synthesise a range of local, national and international issues and perspectives which influence the creation and practice of architecture
- understand and value cultural and physical diversity and appreciate its significance in the creation of architecture
- demonstrate a professional and ethical approach in the creation of architecture; work independently and in teams; create knowledge in a scholarly, creative and/or professional context through critical inquiry, research and project development
Everyone’s study journey is different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact Curtin OUA at:
This offering is only available online. Please visit the Open Universities Australia website for more information.
OpenUnis SP 2
OpenUnis SP 3
OpenUnis SP 4
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: OM-ARCH
- Last updated on: August 3, 2021