This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.
Business Administration (Advanced)
Masters by Coursework
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 2 years full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Perth City
Enrich your business and research skills with this extended MBA.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
The Master of Business Administration (Advanced) is designed to enhance the skillset of bachelor degree graduates who have a minimum of three years management experience and wish to progress to senior management roles. It is applicable to a range of industries.
This two-year course is an extension of our reputable flagship MBA program, so features the foundation units offered within the MBA plus the opportunity to complete additional units that aim to enhance both your business and research skills. Students can opt for a specialisation, electives units and a real world consulting project.
Undertaking work experience could increase your job opportunities, especially with multinational companies and local small businesses.
The applied research unit offers you the chance to undertake either an industry-driven research or consulting project where you can work with an industry partner on a specific project developed by the organisation in conjunction with your academic.
The broad-based business units focus on enhancing your business strategy, entrepreneurial and leadership skills. Options include Entrepreneurship, Fundamentals of Leadership, Strategic Operations Management, Managerial Effectiveness and Strategic Project Management.
Find out more about our MBA (Advanced) at our next MBA Information Evening.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
- Study at our city campus located in the heart of the Perth CBD.
- These courses are delivered in trimesters, allowing you to complete your degree much sooner.
- Intensive weekend units and evening classes mean your studies fit around your work-life.
- Many of our courses can be completed online allowing you to study wherever you are.
- Our courses have a highly applied, practical focus and are delivered by leading academics and business practitioners.
The Curtin Business School (which includes the Curtin Graduate School of Business) is accredited by AACSB. The 1.5year Curtin MBA, which constitutes 75% of the MBA (Advanced) is accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) to the international MBA accreditation EPAS and CIPS.
What you'll learn
- apply foundation knowledge demonstrating a broad coverage of key functional disciplines of business management with a thorough foundation in contemporary business theories; be able to apply these in a group or organisational environment; extend the boundaries of knowledge through an independently identified research problem using a relevant and methodologically sound set of techniques
- create, critically evaluate and reflect upon innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments (which includes business, government and not-for-profit)
- select appropriate information using technologies; make valid judgements and synthesise information from a range of sources; access, evaluate and synthesise diverse information for intelligent business application
- communicate professionally and effectively in ways to appropriately interpret technical and non-technical information to a varied set of stakeholders, for a range of purposes and to a professional standard
- select and utilise appropriate technologies and appreciate their advantages and limitations
- possess and be able to use life-long learning strategies to maintain currency in professional practice
- recognise and apply international perspectives within the business environment; apply international standards of practice and evaluate issues from a variety of perspectives
- develop shared understandings of contemporary relevant issues which demonstrate a high and balanced level of cultural awareness in a diverse cultural business setting
- demonstrate, through self-leadership, a duty of care, honesty, integrity, fairness and knowledge of principles and law to uphold the ethical requirements of the profession
Specifically, applicants require a bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution and at least three years subsequent, relevant work experience. Graduates from the Curtin Graduate Certificate in Business will be considered qualified for entry.
Entry to the course is competitive and applicants will be required to undertake an interview as the final stage of application assessment. For international students the minimum English language entry requirement is an IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System) level of 6.5 across all bands (Writing, Speaking, Reading, and Listening) with an overall score of 6.5.
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
Domestic fee paying postgraduate
Fee year: 2020
What is a domestic fee-paying (DFP) place?
A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government.
Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.
Fees are indicative only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
Trimester 1, Trimester 2 and Trimester 3
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choice
Please note that each campus has different application deadlines. Please view our application deadlines page for further information.Apply now
Help is at hand
- Applying for special consideration
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- Alternative pathways into Curtin
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MC-MBAADV
- CRICOS code: 093141F
- Last updated on: December 12, 2019