If COVID-19 restrictions apply, we may need to make changes to units and/or delivery modes.
International Business and Entrepreneurship
Masters by Coursework
- Master of International Business and Entrepreneurship
This course is four semesters full-time or equivalent part-time study. Some units are available during the evening. International onshore students on student visas are not permitted to study on a part-time mode.
- 2 years full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Curtin Perth
Learn how to succeed as a leader, development manager or start-up founder in global business.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
If you aspire to be a senior leader of a multinational business, a business analyst, business development manager or consultant, or even a founder of a global start-up, Curtin can help you develop your skills in international business and entrepreneurship.
During the course, you will engage in independent study and team projects across a range of relevant internationally focused subjects and participate in case study analysis, presentations, feasibility studies and business simulations.
Curtin’s close proximity to the innovation networks of Technology Park and its focus on intellectual property commercialisation allow you to explore real-world case studies and provides significant networking opportunities.
In the final semester, you can choose between a start-up project or a start-up study tour to Silicon Valley, Switzerland or India.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
- Work on real industry projects and briefs for clients. Past participating companies have included Western Power and WA Primary Health Alliance.
- Develop the skills required to lead and facilitate internationalisation activities of organisations.
- Get an edge in terms of cross-cultural interaction, both internal and external to an organisation.
- Learning is applied and focuses on current issues in the global, regional and national business environment.
- Our staff are highly experienced, internationally educated and trained, and do not shy away from real issues.
How this course will make you industry ready
Students will gain the knowledge, confidence and expertise they need to advance in the field of international business and entrepreneurship.
This course introduces a discrete focus on tech-innovation and directly exposes students to real-world case studies.
The course features guided independent study, team projects and maximum use of information and communication technology towards the development of international business, entrepreneurial, commercialisation and global managerial competencies.
- Business development manager
- Business executive
- Corporate general manager
- International trader
- Management analyst
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Sales manager
- Consulting firms
- Government departments
- Import and export companies
- International banking firms
- International consultancy
- International organisations
What you'll learn
- engage critically and reflectively with contemporary knowledge and skills relating to international business, entrepreneurship and start-ups and apply to professional practice
- develop personal creativity and innovation skills and utilise these skills effectively to generate innovative solutions to complex issues in international business and start-ups
- make evidence-based judgements and sound business decisions through sophisticated evaluation and synthesis of information from a range of credible sources
- communicate professionally and effectively, through written and oral means, to diverse stakeholders within the ethical and professional frameworks of international business and entrepreneurship
- consider profitability, feasibility, sustainability and impact of the business environment and society when using new and established technologies including business simulation software in international business and entrepreneurial communications and negotiations
- actively seek and engage in opportunities for ongoing learning that builds the body of professional knowledge in the fields of international business and entrepreneurship and contributes to their personal development
- evaluate the impacts of international business and entrepreneurship in a global system and apply international standards and practices with in a global context
- engage in ethical and culturally competent management practices to work effectively in culturally diverse team environments within global organisations including start-ups
- work professionally and ethically both independently and collaboratively, complying with appropriate legislation and protocols and demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills as appropriate
A bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline. Applicants must also meet Curtin's English language proficiency requirements.
Curtin requires all applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English. Specific English requirements for this course are outlined in the IELTS table below.
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Webform: Submit here
Curtin Connect: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
Domestic fee paying postgraduate
Fee year: 2022
What is a domestic fee-paying (DFP) place?
A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government.
Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.
Fees are indicative only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
- On campus
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choice
Please note that each campus has different application deadlines. Please view our application deadlines page for further information.Apply now
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- What are my options to manage my study load?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MC-MIBE
- CRICOS code: 094637G
- Last updated on: May 23, 2022