Units in second semester 2020 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
This course is not available for international students.
OUA CSP Bachelor Pass Degree
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Architectural Science) (OpenUnis CSP)
Duration of the course with a full-time study load. Studying part-time will extend the duration of your course.
- 3 years full-time
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Open Universities Australia
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
To check you meet the course entry requirement, visit Open Universities Australia.
View our student profile table to get an indication of the likely peer cohort for new students at Curtin University. This table provides data on students that commenced undergraduate study and passed the census date in the most relevant recent intake period for which data are available. It includes those admitted through all offer rounds and international students studying in Australia.
What you'll learn
- demonstrate an understanding of the broad discipline of architecture, its theoretical underpinning and ways of thinking; the ability to apply specific discipline knowledge contained within the streams of Architectural Design, Science and Technology, Architecture and Culture and Design Communication
- think critically, creatively and reflectively in order to analyse and understand the diverse needs of various parties involved in architecture in order to generate and create innovative solutions
- conduct appropriate scholarly and professional research to access and analyse the diverse information needed to make informed, strategic design decisions
- communicate information and ideas to diverse audience through visual, verbal and written communication techniques
- demonstrate ability to recognise and understand the principles of a range of appropriate technologies and their suitable application within the discipline of architecture
- possess a sustained intellectual curiosity that constantly strives, through self-directed learning, for innovation within the profession of architecture
- have an awareness and ability to synthesize a range of local, national and international issues and perspectives which influence architecture
- understand and value cultural and physical diversity and appreciate its significance in the creation of architecture
- demonstrate a rigorous and ethical approach in the creation of architecture; the ability to work independently and in teams
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
This offering is only available online. Please visit the Open Universities Australia website for more information.
OpenUnis SP 1, OpenUnis SP 2, OpenUnis SP 3 and OpenUnis SP 4
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: OU-ARCH
- Last updated on: May 29, 2020