Units in first semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
Creative Advertising Design Specialisation
- Creative Advertising Design Specialisation
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This specialisation will provide a theoretical and practical education experience aimed at developing the essential creative and practical skills and knowledge in creative advertising design.
View our student profile table to get an indication of the likely peer cohort for new students at Curtin University. This table provides data on students that commenced undergraduate study and passed the census date in the most relevant recent intake period for which data are available. It includes those admitted through all offer rounds and international students studying in Australia.
What you'll learn
- demonstrate cognitive and technical skills in both a broad understanding of design and with depth in creative advertising design
- use and discern between a range of design technologies and media platforms in the production of creative advertising design-based solutions
- demonstrate effective visual, spoken, written and technical communication appropriate to the creative advertising design discipline and apply effective self-directed learning skills
- demonstrate personal awareness of a creative advertising design practice and sustain an engagement with contemporary practices, technologies and the creative industries
- develop a predictive overview of future trends that will influence creative advertising design and creative advertising design practices
- recognise the importance of social, ethical and cultural diversity and consider local and international perspectives in creative advertising design activities, studio practice and production
- demonstrate how intercultural awareness and understanding impacts on personal and professional skills and on the ability to lead
- work independently and collaboratively on creative advertising design projects and respond to project demands
- apply discipline knowledge to critically review, analyse, consolidate and contribute to evidence-based practice in creative advertising design
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
Fee information is not available for this course at this time. Find estimated course fees.
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: SPUC-CADES
- Last updated on: October 22, 2020