Units in second semester 2021 may be delivered online and in alternative formats whilst restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic are in place.
International Business Double Degree Major (BA/BCom)
Undergraduate Double Degree Major
- International Business Double Degree Major (BA/BCom)
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This double degree major combines units from major international and other related disciplines. The major provides sufficient flexibility for students to combine business studies with language and cultural studies. With the globalization of business, graduates will require an international orientation and the program has been carefully designed to meet that need.
View our student profile table to get an indication of the likely peer cohort for new students at Curtin University. This table provides data on students that commenced undergraduate study and passed the census date in the most relevant recent intake period for which data are available. It includes those admitted through all offer rounds and international students studying in Australia.
What you'll learn
- apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical business situations through research and practical application
- think creatively and critically to generate innovative solutions to complex business and commercial problems
- access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from a range of organisational and external sources
- communicate appropriately and effectively in professional and public contexts
- apply technologies appropriately for a variety of commercial purposes
- demonstrate initiative, responsibility and lifelong learning skills by applying critical reflection and active participation
- describe global and cultural issues as related to the business area and their impact on local and international communities
- demonstrate respect for human rights, cultural diversity and the particular rights of Indigenous Australians and highlight the importance and impact of cultural diversity on the interactions of commercial agents
- show leadership, and employ ethical practice and professional integrity when working within a team and independently
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
If this applies to you, you can apply for credit for recognised learning (CRL), which means your previous study is recognised and matched against a similar unit in your intended Curtin course.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
Fees & charges
How to apply
Please review information on how to apply for the campus of your choiceApply now
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What scholarships are available?
- How is studying online different from studying on campus?
- What are my study mode options?
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MDDU-INTBU
- Last updated on: August 3, 2021