If COVID-19 restrictions apply, we may need to make changes to units and/or delivery modes.
Introduction to the Internet of Things
- Introduction to the Internet of Things
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020.
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding at a rapid rate, and it is becoming increasingly important for professionals to understand what it is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve business. This introductory course will enable learners to leverage their business and/or technical knowledge across IoT-related functions in the workplace.
In the course, we will examine the concept of IoT. We will look at the ‘things’ that make up the Internet of Things, including how those components are connected together, how they communicate, and how they value add to the data generated. We will also examine cybersecurity and privacy issues, and highlight how IoT can optimize processes and improve efficiencies in your business.
What you'll learn
- Be introduced to different aspects of the IoT, including end devices, networks, programming, and security and privacy implications
- Understand what constitutes an IoT design solution
- Start to grow the seeds of IoT ideas within your field and area of expertise
How to apply
Enrol in this CurtinX online MOOCApply now
Help is at hand
See our frequently asked questions or get in touch with us below.
- Deferring TISC Offer
- Can TISC applicants change their course preferences?
- Applying for the STAT (Special Tertiary Admissions Test)?
- Receiving your TISC offer when you are away
- Receiving WACE results
- Browse all FAQs
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: IOT1X
- Last updated on: August 6, 2021