Marketing Project 1
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Curtin Perth
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This unit guides students through the preparation of research projects relevant to the marketing discipline. It develops ethical research capabilities, writing abilities and the planning, structuring and production of research that is useful for marketing strategy development. Students are guided through the stages of formulating a research idea and producing a research plan. Students locate, evaluate and produce a literature review relating to key marketing concepts. Students will use an appropriate research methodology to produce a comprehensive, critical and unbiased research report.
What you'll learn
- plan and structure a research project that is useful for marketing strategy development through the application of ethical research techniques
- generate an original and comprehensive literature review through a critique of literature relating to the marketing discipline
- assess the needs of the research and evaluate appropriate research designs to produce a research proposal
- develop a sound research methodology to collect data and analyse the data gathered
- produce an original, ethical and critical report relating to the key issues addressed in the research and their implications for marketing strategy
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
For start dates, please view the academic calendar.
On Campus and Online
Curtin Online 2, Curtin Online 4, Semester 1 and Semester 2
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MKTG6008
- Last updated on: February 5, 2020