MMK530 User Experience Design
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Open Universities Australia
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
The unit is designed to develop graduate competencies in utilising design principles to enhance user experiences (UX). Understanding and curating UXs is critical to effectively implementing content strategies, visual design, information architecture, and interactions across integrated customer contact points. These UXs are evaluated through needs, values, emotions, and attitudes towards products, systems or services in human-brand interactions, with an emphasis on ethical considerations for a diversity of users from various social and cultural groups. Students will evaluate the needs of end users to develop, test, iterate, and communicate compelling and engaging user experiences to best achieve marketing objectives.
What you'll learn
- evaluate the effectiveness of user experience (UX) practice to enhance customer experience
- gather and assess prototype target-user information to improve design iteration
- apply UX design principles in developing industry-standard marketing contact points
- evaluate ethical design considerations for a diversity of users from various social and cultural groups
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
This offering is only available online. Please visit the Open Universities Australia website for more information.
OpenUnis SP 2 and OpenUnis SP 4
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MKTG6014
- Last updated on: November 21, 2019