MMK610 Integrated Global Communications
A full-time study load usually consists of 200 credits (approximately eight units) per year, with 100 credits (approximately four units) in each semester.
- Open Universities Australia
Get the Curtin edge
Access to leadership programs, specialist facilities and industry placements give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Top 1 %
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019).
You’ll have access to a range of international study opportunities.
This unit is designed to provide an overview of the current developments and management of global and multi-national marketing communications programs. The focus is on how those firms plan, develop and implement marketing communication programs to support various sales and marketing initiatives both nationally, regionally and globally. We will investigate the various alternatives and challenges of marketing communications across borders, across cultures and across communication systems to evaluate ethical, social, and global perspectives. The unit includes all aspects of marketing communications
What you'll learn
- analyse the evolution of contemporary global marketing communications campaigns across cultures and communication media
- evaluate nuanced consumer behaviours of global brands, including culturally significant groups and behaviours, through the effective implementation of segmentation, targeting, and positioning strategies
- analyse industry sourced Paid, Owned and Earned global marketing communications strategies and tactics, with a focus on digital and emerging techniques
- formulate critical review with effective synthesis and application of sophisticated marketing concepts
At Curtin, we understand that everyone’s study journey has been different.
You may have already studied some of the units (subjects) listed in your Curtin course at another educational institution, or you may have work experience that matches the degree requirements.
A successful CRL application exempts you from having to complete certain units within your course and means you could finish your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL is also known as recognition of prior learning, advanced standing and credit transfer.
Use the CRL search to find out how much CRL you qualify for, or contact us at:
Tel: 1300 222 888
This offering is only available online. Please visit the Open Universities Australia website for more information.
OpenUnis SP 1 and OpenUnis SP 3
All endeavours are made to ensure location information for courses is up to date but please note they are subject to change.
The University reserves the right to withdraw any unit of study or program which it offers, to impose limitations on enrolment in any unit or program, and/or to vary arrangements for any program.
Help is at hand
- Can I apply for special consideration?
- Can I remain in Australia until my student visa expires if I have completed my course?
- What are the alternative pathways into Curtin?
- What are my study mode options?
- What are my postgraduate study options?
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: MKTG5020
- Last updated on: November 1, 2019