This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

National Police Certificate

A valid National Police Certificate (NPC) may be required to undertake fieldwork in some fieldwork hosting organisations. If you are not from Western Australia you must apply through your respective state or territory authority.

Note: Some fieldwork host organisations do not accept police checks obtained through Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) accredited bodies using the National Police Checking Service. While you can request a police check from an ACIC accredited organisation, a police-issued NPC (referred to above) is on secure paper and includes eligible spent convictions. You are therefore strongly advised to obtain an NPC from a police agency in the first instance to reduce the cost of potentially having to reapply for a NPC to meet host organisation requirements.