What you'll learn
- recognise the main types of bonds formed in molecules, the inter-molecular forces found between molecules and their resulting physical properties using the atomic approach
- apply the principles of chemical measurement to both quantitatively and qualitatively determine chemical species in simple samples CLO4
- describe the difference between chemical and physical processes and be able to explain a chemical reaction using conventional mathematical and symbolic representations CLO1
- recognise the major classes of organic compounds and identify them by their functional groups CLO2
Where to get further information
- More about studying at Curtin
- Visit the WA Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) website
- Visit the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website
- Visit the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) website
- Our admission appeals and grievance process
Applicants applying for an undergraduate degree with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
Find information on how you can apply to study at Curtin with an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma if you are applying for an undergraduate degree.
Applicants with other international qualifications
Find information on what qualifications you can use to apply for a Curtin course.
The offering information on this website applies only to future students. Current students should refer to faculty handbooks for current or past course information. View courses information disclaimer.
- Curtin course code: CHEM0005
- This offering was last updated on: 21/08/2019